Oklahoma City Flatbed Truck Accident Attorneys
We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Claims
Flatbed truck accidents can have devastating consequences, often resulting in severe injuries or even fatalities. If you or a loved one has been hit by a flatbed truck, it is crucial to understand that you have rights and legal options. At Fulmer Sill, our Oklahoma City flatbed truck accident lawyers are committed to helping victims of these tragic accidents navigate the legal process to confidently pursue compensation. We offer comprehensive services to explore all available options, such as settlement negotiations and litigation.
Talk to our firm today by dialing (405) 433-7414 or using an online contact form.
What is a Flatbed Truck?
A flatbed truck is a type of vehicle characterized by a large, flat, open bed or platform at the rear. Unlike traditional trucks with enclosed cargo spaces, flatbed trucks typically have no sides or roof on the cargo area. This design allows for easy loading and unloading of goods from all sides, making them ideal for transporting oversized loads or heavy machinery that wouldn't fit in an enclosed space.
Flatbed trucks are commonly used in construction, manufacturing, and other industries where large items need to be transported. They can carry a wide variety of cargo, including building materials, smaller vehicles, and heavy equipment. The lack of sides and roof does mean that the cargo must be properly secured to prevent it from falling off during transport, which is a key safety consideration when operating a flatbed truck.
Dangers of Flatbed Trucks
Flatbed trucks, while necessary for transporting large, heavy goods, pose unique hazards that can make them more dangerous than other types of trucks. Their open design and the nature of the cargo they carry can create risks not only for the truck drivers themselves but also for other motorists.
Unique reasons why flatbed trucks can be particularly hazardous include:
- Unsecured loads: Due to their open design, securing loads properly on a flatbed truck is crucial. If not done correctly, cargo can shift or fall off during transport, posing a significant risk to other motorists, especially those directly behind the flatbed truck.
- Oversized loads: Flatbed trucks often carry oversized loads that can affect the truck's balance and maneuverability. This can increase the likelihood of rollovers or losing control of the vehicle.
- Visibility issues: The large size and length of flatbed trucks can create significant blind spots for the driver. This can make it difficult to see other vehicles, pedestrians, or obstacles, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Heavy loads: The heavy weight of the loads flatbed trucks carry can lengthen stopping distances and slow down the vehicle's response time, making collisions more likely if sudden stops are required.
Injuries Suffered in Flatbed Truck Accidents
Flatbed truck accidents can result in severe, life-altering injuries due to the size and weight of these vehicles and the type of cargo that they typically carry, such as heavy equipment. Fulmer Sill understands the gravity of such injuries and works closely with medical experts to get a clear understanding of our clients' conditions and future medical needs. This collaboration helps us to pursue the right compensation and support for our clients throughout their recovery journey.
Four types of injuries that can be suffered in a flatbed truck accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): These can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage. TBIs can lead to long-term cognitive issues, memory loss, and personality changes.
- Spinal cord injuries: These can result in partial or complete paralysis, affecting mobility and requiring long-term care and rehabilitation.
- Broken bones and fractures: The force of a collision with a flatbed truck can break bones and cause fractures. These injuries may require surgery and can lead to long-term pain and disability.
- Internal injuries: A crash can cause damage to internal organs, leading to serious complications. These injuries are often hard to detect immediately after an accident and can be life-threatening if not treated correctly.
Damages in Flatbed Truck Accident Claims
At Fulmer Sill, we take pride in diligently calculating the damages owed to our clients in flatbed truck accident cases. We understand that no amount of compensation can undo the trauma and pain caused by such accidents, but financial stability can make the recovery process less stressful. Our goal is to ensure not a penny goes unclaimed and that you receive the full compensation that you deserve.
Damages that could be available to a flatbed truck accident claimant include:
- Medical expenses: This includes costs for hospital stays, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, future medical care, and any other healthcare costs related to the accident.
- Lost wages: If the accident caused you to miss work or reduced your ability to earn, you might be compensated for lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
- Property damage: This covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other personal property damaged in the accident.
- Pain and suffering: These are non-economic damages meant to compensate for physical pain, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and other intangible losses caused by the accident.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one was killed in a flatbed truck accident, family members might be able to seek damages for funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and more.
Each case is unique, and the exact types and amounts of damages available will depend on the specific circumstances of the accident. At Fulmer Sill, we're committed to fighting for full and fair recoveries in every case.
Fulmer Sill is Here to Help – Call Now
At Fulmer Sill, we understand the devastating impact a flatbed truck accident can have on your life and are here to help. We are always ready to hear from new and returning clients who need us to navigate the complexities of these types of claims. Our dedicated team of Oklahoma City flatbed truck accident attorneys is committed to providing you with the legal representation you deserve, fighting for maximum compensation, and helping you recover.
Don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to stand by your side every step of the way. Call (405) 433-7414.