Oklahoma City Box Truck Accident Attorneys
Bring Your Case to our Experienced Law Firm
Were you hit by a box truck while driving through Oklahoma City? Don’t take your case to just any law firm. Come to Fulmer Sill and our attorneys who know how to handle truck accident cases with unique details and circumstances, like box truck accidents. Using our years of experience and vast resources, we can confidently bring your case against the liable box truck driver and any insurance company that represents them.
Get powerful legal help after a box truck accident in Oklahoma City. Call (405) 433-7414.
What is a Box Truck?
Box trucks are cargo trucks with telltale cubic or rectangular-shaped trailers attached to them. They are used to transport all sorts of goods and products, including refrigerated food, due to their convenient, compact design.
Box trucks are also called:
- Box vans
- Cube vans
- Bob trucks
- Cube trucks
Most box trucks are owned and operated by trucking companies or courier businesses. If you were hit by one, then it is likely that we will have to file against a company. We are always ready for a challenge, though, so don’t worry about the details that come up in your case.
Box Truck Dangers & Hazards
Box trucks share many of the same dangers and hazards as their larger, commercial counterparts like 18-wheelers. The flaws in their design can make them more dangerous on the road than smaller vehicles and be more prone to causing accidents.
Compared to smaller vehicles, box trucks can have these flaws or hazards:
- More prone to tipping due to the boxy design of the storage area.
- Longer braking times due to heavy overall box truck weight.
- Larger blind spots that can cover entire vehicles in adjacent lanes.
- Risk of box trailer opening and spilling loose cargo onto the road.
Compensation for Box Truck Accident Claimants
The compensation that you are owed after a box truck accident will depend on how badly you were injured and the losses you suffered. Fulmer Sill is an Oklahoma City law firm that focuses on cases that involve catastrophic, life-changing injuries. As such, we are fully prepared to handle your box truck accident case if the collision left you with injuries that will likely complicate your life forever.
The compensation owed to you in a box truck accident claim could include:
- Special damages: Damages that can be tracked or recorded using bills, receipts, and other records are special damages, such as medical costs and lost wages.
- General damages: Damages that can’t be tracked easily and deal with more abstract losses are general damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages: A court can order a defendant to pay punitive damages as an added way to punish them for egregious or criminal wrongdoing, like driving a box truck while drunk. Punitive damages are considered rare, though.
Start Your Box Truck Accident Case
Need legal counsel that you can trust no matter what? Come to Fulmer Sill and speak with our Oklahoma City box truck accident attorneys. We know how to build a case that acknowledges the unique details of box truck accidents. Whether your case can be settled through negotiations or must go to courtroom litigation, we are ready to support and represent you.
Learn more about box truck accident claims. Contact us onlinenow to begin.
You can rely on our tenacious and hardworking team to fight tirelessly for every penny you are owed.