Oklahoma City Construction Defect Attorneys
Compensation May Be Available for You
In an effort to save money, builders may seek out cheaper construction products that appear to meet the same standard as construction materials used in past jobs. However, only time will tell if the materials or equipment used was of the same quality as more expensive counterparts, leaving the homeowner with the aftermath. Defective construction products can mean the difference between life and death for unsuspecting homeowners.
Common Construction Defects
- Water issues
- Electrical systems
- Landscaping and soil
- Faulty drainage
- Foundation, floor, wall, and roof cracks
- Dry rot
- Structural failure
- Heating and electrical
Defective construction materials may be the result of improper testing, problems during the manufacturing process, and/or failure to withstand the area’s environmental conditions. Homeowners must be diligent to ensure that builders are using proper construction materials and application techniques when building. While the developer and builder are ultimately responsible for ensuring quality construction, frequently they will refuse the association’s request to make the necessary construction repairs. When these parties fail to take responsibility for their mistakes, the association’s sole recourse may be a construction defect claim.
Common Construction Defect Claims
- Negligent site investigation
- Defective designs or plans
- Building code or housing code violations
- Express warranty and implied warranty claims
- Sub-standard workmanship and contractor negligence
- Restitution or repayment of amounts paid to unlicensed contractors
- Violation of industry standards
- Water leakage or damage
- Defective roofing, flashing, or window installation
- Electrical and mechanical defects
- Failure to follow plans and specifications
- Product and material defects and failures
- Manufacturing defects in building components
- Physical damage to building
- Structural damage or errors
- Loss of use damages
- Economic loss rule
- Fraud and misrepresentation claims
- Insurance claims and coverage issues
- Contractor licensing issues
- Suspended or revoked contractor’s license
Please contact us at (405) 433-7414 for a free consultation. Hablamos español.
Do You Have Questions About Injuries Related to Construction Defects?
If you or a loved one have been in a construction accident and have experienced an injury, we encourage you to consult with our team as soon as possible. With our extensive knowledge and expertise, you can rest assured that you will have legal representation you can trust. All initial consultations are free, and we don’t charge any up-front fees for representation. We handle all fees on a contingency basis, meaning that unless we’re successful, you don’t have to pay us.
You can rely on our tenacious and hardworking team to fight tirelessly for every penny you are owed.