An accident involving you or your loved one can affect you not only physically, but financially and emotionally as well. It’s difficult to know where to begin or what steps to take. A good first step is to consult a reputable personal injury attorney. When your future is on the line, you can’t afford to put your trust in an inexperienced attorney.
Personal Injury Lawyers are also known as “Plaintiff Lawyers” or “Trial Lawyers” are generally considered experts in the areas of law that deal with cases ranging from personal injury resulting in serious injuries or death of a family member to medical malpractice and harm, to slander, libel, and defamation.
Here are a Few Qualifications that Make for a Qualified Personal Injury Attorney:
- Education – A Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor Law degree are required to practice law as a Personal Injury Attorney, as well as pass the state’s bar exam. Most states also require the multistate Bar Examination (MBE), the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE), and the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE). Some states also require the Multistate Performance Test (MPT).
- Experience & Skills – A personal Injury Attorney’s main role is to seek justice and compensation for the injured party. They file legal complaints, offer legal advice, prepare legal documents, and more. Often cases are settled out of court, but if an agreement can’t be reached, the case must be tried to a judge or jury. When deciding whether to hire an attorney don’t be afraid to ask them about their experience and past results.
- Practice Areas – Most lawyers choose to focus on only a few, or sometimes just one, fields of law to provide the best representation for their clients. This allows them to devote all their energy to that field. A good Personal Injury Attorney has focused his or her efforts on this one area, becoming a true master of his or her field.
- Passion – A passion for the job, in general, is needed to become a trusted Personal Injury Attorney. They must abide by a strong code of ethics and seek justice. They must also be able to effectively communicate the details and importance of their client’s case, always being ready to effectively advocate on their behalf.
- Compassion – Lastly, this job requires compassion for others. A good Personal Injury Attorney and law firm get to know their clients, never treating them as just another case or a number. Here at Fulmer Sill, our relationship with our clients is the ultimate reward for what we do. Watch this video and you’ll get a better idea of what sets us apart from other Personal Injury Law firms.
If you or a loved one have been affected by a personal injury, we encourage you to consult with our team as soon as possible. Personal Injury Attorneys like us get paid ONLY when you receive a favorable outcome. We look forward to getting to know you and obtaining justice for your personal injury case. Contact us at (405) 433-7414 for a FREE consultation.