Have you been taking advantage of all the summer experiences in our local area? We’ve put together a handy guide to help you enjoy all that OKC has to offer:
Beat The Heat
Looking for a fun way to cool down with the family? Check out one of Oklahoma City’s water attractions:
- Scissortail Park – A new urban oasis with splash pads and paddleboat rentals
- Hurricane Harbor – A classic water park sprawling over 25 acres
- Hefner Lake – The ideal spot for permitted boating, and on breezy days, Sailing! Enjoy fishing along the shoreline or off the docks with a valid fishing license.
Other Popular Attractions
If water activities aren’t your thing, there are so many other options to consider. Get out of the house and enjoy a change of scenery at one of the following:
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Featuring innovative exhibits and interactive displays, this museum walks through the events of April 19, 1995, and the healing and justice that came in the years following.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – Take in the Wild West through fun exhibits and galleries
- Oklahoma City Zoo – Enjoy 1,900 different animal species all summer long. Adults can partake in their weekly “Sip & Stroll” too!
- Wheeler Ferris Wheel – Take in the sites of our skyline with breathtaking views from the Ferris Wheel.
- Paseo Arts Festival (September 4-6) – Spend your Labor Day Weekend at the Paseo Arts Festival! It features more than 90 visual artists, 50 musicians, and 20 food and drinks vendors. The district’s restaurants, galleries, and other businesses will also be open during festival hours.
- Oklahoma City Bike Trails – Hefner-Overholser Trail, Bert Cooper Trails, Oklahoma River Trails, and Bluff Creek Mountain Biking Trails…these are just a few of the scenic biking areas to explore.
For a full line up of summer, events to enjoy in the OKC area, be sure to check out this guide: https://www.visitokc.com/things-to-do/summer/
We hope you’re enjoying your summer so far!