Homeowners’ Insurance Lawyers in Oklahoma City
We Represent the Rights of Policyholders
Insurance companies go to great lengths to reduce or eliminate their responsibility for insurance claims. In fact, it is in the insurance company’s best interest to avoid payouts to policyholders but, because the insurance companies are in a position of trust, the law in Oklahoma holds these companies to a higher standard. This occurs whether the insurance company is located here in the State of Oklahoma or is an out-of-state company that merely does business here. In many cases, once we have been able to prove that an insurance company has acted in bad faith, our clients have been able to recover amounts in multiples of what the claim was initially worth.
Ask About Your Homeowners’ Insurance Coverage
Ask your insurance company to describe in detail the types of coverage associated with your policy, as well the potential coverage that may apply to your claim. You can also request a copy of your policy and declaration page and carefully read through the policy to make sure no information or obligations are overlooked or withheld.
Insurance companies cannot:
- Misrepresent the terms of a policy
- Misrepresent the advantages or benefits of a policy
- Misrepresent a material fact or policy provision
- Fail to attempt in good faith to reach a fair settlement of a claim
- Fail to provide a reasonable explanation for the denial of a claim
- Fail within a reasonable time to affirm or deny coverage or submit a reservation of rights
- Refuse to pay a claim without conducting a reasonable investigation with respect to the claim
- Make allegations of self-imposed damage
- Fail to investigate in a timely manner
- Deny a total loss claim despite supporting evidence
- Threaten prosecution to the insured in an attempt to lower the payout
- Violate the terms of the insurance policy
Do You Have Questions Related to Homeowners' Coverage?
We encourage you to consult with our team as soon as possible. With our extensive knowledge and expertise, you can rest assured that you will have legal representation you can trust. At Fulmer Sill, all initial consultations are free, and we don’t charge any up-front fees for representation. We handle all fees on a contingency basis, meaning that unless we’re successful, you don’t have to pay us.