The last thing you want to find out after hip replacement surgery is that the replacement part you received may prematurely fail and cause severe pain and other serious injuries. Metal-on-Metal Hip Devices were originally thought to be a more durable alternative to ceramic or plastic models, but some studies have shown that they may deteriorate faster, expose patients to high levels of metals such as cobalt and chromium, and fail at a higher rate than older implants. In fact, approximately one in 12 recipients of metal-on-metal devices may require corrective surgery within five years of implantation.
COMMON METAL-ON-METAL HIP REPLACEMENT SIDE EFFECTS
- BLOOD TEST RESULTS THAT SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF CHROMIUM & COBALT CAUSED BY METAL DEBRIS
- BONE LOSS CAUSED BY DEVICE LOOSENING
- CLICKING, POPPING OR GRINDING IN THE AREA OF THE HIP IMPLANT
- DIFFICULTY & PAIN WHEN WALKING, STANDING OR CARRYING WEIGHTED OBJECTS
- DISLOCATION OR LOSSENING OF THE IMPLANTS
- EARLIER THEN NORMAL FAILURE OF THE HIP REPLACEMENTS
- FRACTURED HIPBONE
- LEG LENGTH DISCREPANCY
- METALLOSIS (METAL FLAKES RELEASED INTO THE BLOODSTREAM CAUSING METAL TOXICITY, PSEUDOTUMORS, RASH, NECROSIS OR CARDIAC COMPLICATIONS)
- RASH, INDICATING NECROSIS (CELL DEATH AROUND THE IMPLANT MAIFESTING AS A RASH & EVENTUALLY CAUSING LOSS OF LOCAL SOFT BONE & TISSUE)
- OSTEOLYSIS (WEARING DOWN & THINNING OF BONE CAUSING PAIN IN THE SURROUNDING TISSUE & POTENTIAL BONE BREAKAGE)
- PSEUDOTUMORS (A MASS OF INFLAMED CELLS THAT RESEMBLES A TUMOR BUT IS ACTUALLY COLLECTED FLUIDS)
- SEVERE PAIN
- SWELLING OF HIP, THIGH OR GROIN AREA
- TISSUE INFLAMMATION
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH A METAL-ON-METAL HIP REPLACEMENT CLAIM?
If you or a loved one have been affected by complications due to a Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement, we encourage you to consult with our team as soon as possible. With our extensive knowledge and expertise, you can rest assured that should you choose to work with us, you will have legal representation that you can trust. All initial consultations are free, and we don’t charge any up-front fees for representation. We handle all fees on a contingency basis, meaning that unless we’re successful, you don’t have to pay us. Please contact Fulmer Sill at (405)510.0077 for a free consultation.